I often see this happening a lot on Facebook especially when using Groups; people using a Profile for their business instead of a Page. But why use a Facebook Page for business and not a Profile?
The simplest (but not the only) answer to this question is using a Profile for a business is against the Facebook Terms of Service. Therefore they can shut down the account without given notice.
However, the benefits of switching are as follows;
- keep your personal life separate on your Profile – save yourself and your clients from those baby photos and embarrassing drunken endeavours.
- Profiles are limited to 5,000 friends and likes, unlike Pages which have no restriction,
- you can get analytical data on your Page, helping you see what is working and what is not,
- the goal of a Facebook company presence should be to attract targeted fans, people who might buy your products and services. Your family and friends are not necessarily your target market,
- Pages for business are publicly accessible – that means that there is an SEO benefit. By default Profile privacy settings are set to make most of your data, private. With a Page it’s the opposite – Google can access and index your Page data,
- you can easily add a Facebook Page Plugin to your website for your company Page. This is not possible with a Profile,
- there are lots of competition apps and other apps that you can install onto a company Page that will allow you to boost your following and gain targeted followers.
These are just to name a few, however if you’d like help setting up a Facebook Page drop me a message and I’d be happy to help 😊