We’re looking for a Middleweight PHP Developer to join our team. If you’re searching for a fresh challenge, we may have just the thing for you.
A bit about us
We are a boutique web design and development agency based out of Sunderland, Tyne and Wear.
Since 2015, we have been solving digital problems with an array of digital solutions, specialising in bespoke Web Design and Development, to Digital Marketing, SEO. We work predominantly in WordPress.
Our current team of 4 is a good mix, who enjoy the challenge of being part of a growing business.
Over the past 6 years, we have been lucky enough to deliver projects for some great businesses, big and small. We’d love for you to get involved!
This role would suit a mid-range developer from a digital agency environment or in-house team environment who is looking for that next step in order to progress their career.
Reporting directly to our Senior Developer, this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual looking to build something very special in the world of website development.
You will work across a range of projects, spanning both website design and development.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Around 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Will be comfortable working as a team and individually on web projects, using PHP, HTML, SASS and JS.
- Will have vast experience of WordPress – exposure to Laravel would be a bonus.
- Is not afraid of speaking to clients to understand requirements and does not shy away from challenging work.
- Is enthusiastic, motivated, and is keen to become a helpful part of a busy growing team.
- Understands how to use GIT as part of a team (we use Bitbucket!)
- Keeps up to date in the industry and has a genuine interest in what they do.
- Is not afraid to get stuck in and takes pride in the work they complete.
- You should be resourceful, detail-oriented, organised and must possess strong interpersonal skills, be positive and energetic.
- PHP and MySQL knowledge
- Some knowledge of Web Accessibility or Performance would be advantageous
- have the initiative to take briefs from clients, or your colleagues, and produce great work.
- have the ability to produce work quickly and accurately, and often to tight deadlines.
What we offer
- We pride ourselves on maintaining a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. We have always had flexible start and finish times with core hours of work during the day.
- Location – We have a base in Sunderland at the Business Innovation Centre (locally known as the BIC) which you’re welcome to work from if you fancy, however all roles are fully remote!
- We often arrange events for staff, such as nights out, coffee time, to encourage getting together IRL where possible.
- We actively encourage personal development, paying for online training and dedicated time to grow in your skills and knowledge.
Salary range £30k ~ £33k
Applicants should send a full CV to [email protected]
We love to see examples of your work; online portfolio’s, repositories and Codepens are encouraged.